There are 3 key stages to the market testing process that can be evaluated objectively and acted upon accordingly:
#1 Market Research
- Perform a competitive analysis and a market-positioning map to determine market opportunities.
- Design your marketing messaging around the closest positioning to your product's current functionality, appearance, and branding.
#2 Market Test
- Get a photoshoot of the product, generate 3D renders and mockups, or integrate a photo mode into the game for marketing asset creation.
- Draft a landing page and ads which follow the selected market-positioning, and run a market test using ads for 3 to 5 days, at $80 per day.
During this market-testing stage, consider surveying or polling for desired features, reward ideas, stretch goal ideas, and ask what they expect to pay for your product.
Placements of the survey may include: a special offer landing page after signing up via email, a welcome email with an invitation to take a survey, or a question that must be answered to join the Facebook Group or to get a role to see the entire Discord server.
- After each test, begin a new test in the same manner by: creating new ads, revising the website hero banner or key sections, or lowering the MSRP price.
#3 Performance Evaluation
If Market Test described in step #2 has failed to reach an average of under $3 cost per lead:
- Try an alternate product positioning as detailed in Step #1.
Revise page and ads accordingly.
- Go back to #2 with another market-test ad campaign.
If Market Test described in step #2 has successfully reached an average of under $3 cost per lead:
- Compare the expected price and desired features, rewards, and goals in the survey responses with your current webpage’s presentation.
Is the top requested stretch goal likely a key feature? If yes, get it drafted or mocked up, and integrate it into the marketing messaging (addition of new landing page section).
- Scale up to a full ad-campaign:
- Increase daily ad-spend by 20% to 40% every 48 hours
- If using VIP System, create an “Advantage+ Sales” Campaign on Facebook Ads
- If budget available, create a “Follow On Kickstarter” Lead Campaign on Facebook Ads
- Draft the video trailer and Kickstarter Page design, and give sneak peeks to the press and your community. Test the trailer using Facebook ads via In-App Signup Form ads or a video trailer landing page.